The primary mission of MIA is to reach out and encourage young people to develop their talents, skills and special abilities so they can recognize and realize the truly abundant life God has planned for them. Ultimately we seek through MIA to rescue our young people from the dangerous attractions in life that lead to suicide, despair and the prisons. The underlying purpose of MIA is to reach out to those who do not know God and to help them to recognize that God is there everywhere calling them to achieve a higher purpose in life. MIA utilizes sports and the arts to attract young people, and inspire them to learn about the higher dimensions of life in Jesus Christ. The goal is at every stage to enlighten our youth about God’s intention to develop their character and make real their dreams for a fuller and more exciting life through a personal encounter with Jesus Christ. The importance of education and focusing on alternative career goals is also encouraged.
- Scholarship Luncheon-luncheon where we have given out over $50,000 in scholarships.
- Basketball-organized basketball tournament where we have reached over 5,000 individuals & more than 500 have accepted Christ. We have discipled more than 100
- Career Day-provide job opportunities for about 50 individuals & provide career counseling to at least 100 individuals
- Walkathon-fundraiser where we walk to and from the Brooklyn Bridge
- Cheerleaders-an outlet for young girls to cheer on our basketball team and provide bible instructions
- Various Outings-outing to amusement parks, basketball games, Basketball Hall of Fame, bowling
Chair: Reverend Carl Callender Co-Chair: Sister Michelle Davis